Three degrees of the deliciousness of coffee makes this cake so yummy and eye-soothing as well. The cake is topped with silky Swiss Meringue Buttercream, making it a dream cake for all the coffee lovers. If you are one or know one, then we are with the best recipe to make a triple layer coffee cake. Without any further ado, let’s get started with the cake recipe.
For the Coffee Cake
- 180 gm or 6 ½ oz Butter – softened
- 180 gm or 6 ½ oz all-purpose flour
- 180 gm or 6 ½ oz Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Eggs – large
- 3 tbsp Instant coffee granules dissolved in 3 tbsp just-boiled water-cooled
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 6 Egg whites (large, free range)
- 450 gm or 2 cups Butter – softened
- 400 gm or 2 cups White sugar (caster or granulated)
Recipe / Instructions
Make the Coffee Cake Layers
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Oil and line 3*6 inch round cake containers.
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and cushy, utilizing the blender.
- Break the eggs into a little container and beat. Add the creamed butter and sugar blend, a little at once, beating properly between every addition.
- Mix the baking powder and flour together in a bowl and filter over the cake batter. Blend well.
- Equally divide the cake better into 3 little blending containers.
- In the first bowl mix in 1 ½ tsp of the cooled espresso and the vanilla extract
- In the next bowl include the cocoa powder (filtered) and 2 tsp of the cooled espresso. Mix until simply blended.
- To the last bowl include 1 tbsp cooled espresso and blend well.
- Keep the extra coffee for the buttercream.
- Empty the cake batters into the readied containers and bake for around 20 to 23 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool for around 5 minutes and then remove them from the containers. Invert the cake on a wire rack and let it cool totally.
Make the Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Put the sugar and egg whites into a bowl and beat until mixed well.
- Put the container over a pot with an inch of simmering water – don’t let the water contact the base of the bowl. Whisk continually until the blend reaches at 160 degrees F on a food thermometer.
- Empty the egg blend into the bowl of a stand-blender and whisk on medium-high speed until the meringue is cool and stiff. It shouldn’t feel warm while you touch.
- Cube the butter. Keep on whisking the meringue while gradually including the butter cubes each in turn. Blend until smooth.
- Include the rest of the espresso, a tsp at once until you are satisfied with the shading and flavour of the buttercream.
Assembling the Cake
- There is no hard rule for the placement of cake layers. Pick the one you need to be on the base and lay it on a turntable.
- Spread a tablespoon of buttercream over the top of the cake and then lay another layer of cake conveniently on top.
- Once more, spread a tablespoon of buttercream over the top of this layer and afterward lay the last cake on top.
- Keep ⅓ of the remaining buttercream for decorations and spread the remainder of the buttercream over the top and sides of the cake
- You can now pipe the different shapes to decorate the cake further. Use grated chocolate to spread over the top of the cake if you want.
- Refrigerate the cake for a couple of hours and your cake is ready to serve!
So, that was the complete recipe to bake a triple layer coffee cake. For your coffee lover dear one, bake this yummy cake and surprise them with your delicious gesture. If you can’t bake the cake for them, send cake to Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, or to any other city from a reliable online bakery.