Foxy Hair Extensions Article
Hair Extensions: Tools & Supplies
Hair extensions are a great way to change up your look without having to make any permanent changes. There are many different types of hair extensions available, and the best type for you will depend on your hair type and desired look. We at Foxy Hair Extensions will show you the different types of hair extensions available, as well as the tools and supplies you will need to apply them. We’ll also provide some tips on how to care for your hair extensions so that they look their best!
If you’re thinking about getting hair extensions, there are a few things you’ll need to know in order to get started. Hair extensions can give you the long, luscious locks you’ve always wanted, but before you take the plunge, it’s important to understand the different types of hair extensions available and which will work best for you.
Two primary types of hair extensions: are synthetic and human.
- Synthetic hair extensions are made from a variety of different materials, such as plastic or acrylic, and they come in a wide range of colours and styles. However, because they’re not made from real human hair, they can be difficult to style and may not look as natural as human hair extensions.
- Human hair extensions, on the other hand, are made from real human hair that has been donated or purchased. These types of extensions are usually more expensive than synthetic ones, but they offer a more natural look and feel. They can also be styled just like your own hair.
Tools & Supplies
Tools & supplies are very important when it comes to hair extensions. Without the proper tools, your hair extensions may not last as long or look as good. Here are some essential tools and supplies you will need for your hair extensions:
- Hair extension brush: This type of brush is designed specifically for brushing hair extensions. It is very important to use a soft bristle brush to avoid damaging the hair.
- Hair extension shampoo and conditioner: You should use mild shampoo and conditioner on your hair extensions to avoid damaging them. Be sure to rinse thoroughly after shampooing and conditioning.
- Hair Extension Tape: This tape is used to attach hair extensions to your natural hair. It’s strong yet gentle on your strands, and it comes in clear or skin-toned options to blend in with your hairline.
- Duckbill clips: These clips are used to hold sections of your hair back while you are applying for the extensions. They come in various sizes, so you can choose the ones that best fit your needs.
- Hair Clips: Hair clips are used to attach extensions to your natural hair. They come in a variety of colours and styles, so you can choose the ones that best match your own hair.
- Hair Ties: Hair ties are used to keep your extensions secure while you are applying them. They come in a variety of colours and styles, so you can choose the ones that best match your own hair.
- Air Extensions scissors: Hair extension scissors have blunt tips to prevent damage to the extensions, and they are specifically designed for cutting synthetic hair.
- Rat tail comb: A rat tail comb is useful for sectioning off small pieces of hair when applying clip-in or tape-in extensions. It can also be used to help blend the extensions with your natural hair.
Tools and supplies for removing hair extensions
Removing your hair extensions is just as important as applying them, therefore you will need some supplies to help you apply and remove your hair extensions:
- Hair extension adhesive: This is used to attach the hair extensions to your natural hair. It comes in a variety of formulas, so be sure to choose one that is right for your hair type.
- Hair extension remover: This is used to remove the hair extensions from your hair. It comes in a variety of formulas, so be sure to choose one that is right for your hair type.
- Hair extension applicator: This is used to apply the hair extensions to your hair. It comes in a variety of styles, so be sure to choose one that is right for your needs.
Once you have gathered all of the necessary supplies, it is time to follow the instructions for applying your chosen type of hair extensions. Hair extensions can be a great way to add length, volume, and colour to your hair. With so many different types, colours, and styles available, there is sure to be an option that is perfect for you.
Hair Extension Training
We offer a diverse range of hair extension training courses that help teach you how to get professional results that your clients will love, using our very own hair extension products. The ABT Accredited courses we offer are well proven and when you qualify from any of our courses you receive a 15% trade discount on all future trade hair purchases.
We hope this guide was helpful in providing you with all the information you need to get started with hair extensions! If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us today to learn more about our extension options and schedule a consultation!